Horizontal Air Handler 1750 Cubic Feet
*Shipments to AK and HI – Please call for quote
5771 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F.
CellarPro’s AH6500SCh ducted cooling units (3/4 Ton Nominal) are suitable for wine cellars up to 1,750 cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. The 1,750 cubic feet cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), the cooling unit is not ducted, a setpoint of 55°F inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 85°F outside the cellar.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110°F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. AH6500SCh units also are quieter than comparable units from other brands.
CellarPro’s AH6500SCh-ECX ducted cooling units (3/4 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,750* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. When ducted, this unit uses 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side, and 10-inch ducting on the hot side.
This unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F. AH6500SCh units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands
When the condensing unit will be exposed to or pulling air that is below 40F, our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) is a required addition to protect the compressor. For installation of the condensing unit in environments below 20F down to -20F, our Fan Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) is required in addition to the Compressor Heater, and Electronic Configuration is required.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- CellarPro AH6500SCh-ECX units are fully-charged and ready to use out of the box. These cooling units are designed to be ducted up to 100 Equivalent Feet (50 Feet per Duct) with 10-inch ducting .
- CellarPro’s horizontal configuration allows multiple ducting alternatives, as follows.
- Collars or grills for EXHAUST (ie Supply) are located at the front (shown at left), top or rear of the cooling system, and are interchangeable to meet your specific requirement.
- Collars or grills for INTAKE (ie Return) are located at each end (left: evaporator, and right: condenser), and include professional-grade air filters to protect the unit.
- We recommend pulling the fresh air intake (hot-side) from a temperature-controlled environment other than the cellar. If the hot-side exhaust will be directed to a different space than the intake, always make sure that both spaces are sufficiently voluminous so that you don’t run into issues with negative pressure.
- A bottle probe temperature sensor (10′ cord) plus your choice of duct collars, indoor grills and blank plates are included in the price of the cooling system.
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.5 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.6 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- The data above is not valid when the integrated heater and/or humidifier are configured with the cooling unit
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- When not ducted, the hot side of the cooling unit (condenser) requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For installations in environments below 40F, AH6500SCh-ECX units require our Compressor Heater
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F , our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) is required in addition to the compressor heater (both sold separately).
- The cold side of the cooling unit (evaporator) should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
Size: 37 1/5w x 18 3/5d x 19 3/10h (in)
Weight: 206 lbs
– CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.5 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 3.2 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
– Startup Amps: 53.0 Amps
– Running Amps Cord-Connected: 14.7 Amps
– Total Watts: 944 (medium fan speed)
3/4 Ton Nominal
BTUH @ 55F
– Low Fan Speed: 4923
– Med Fan Speed: 5350
– High Fan Speed: 5771
– Low Fan Speed, Ducted: 38 dbA
– Med Fan Speed, Ducted: 44 dbA
– High Fan Speed, Ducted: 52 db
– Common dedicated 25-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
– Low Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 43 dbA / 56 dbA
– Med Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 50 dbA / 63 dbA
– High Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 55 dbA / 68 dbA
– Warranty Overview
Click on one of the following links for more information:
CellarPro AH6500SCh-ECX Cooling Unit (P/N 7090). CellarPro engineered the AH6500SCh-ECX ducted cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,750 cubic feet. The evaporator and the condensing unit each can be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 equivalent feet per duct.) Designed for internal installations, the AH6500SCh-ECX includes independent variable-speed fans with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit has a horizontal configuration for installations in locations with limited height and/or vertical constraints (eg above the ceiling in an attic).
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space – it must come from space outside the cellar.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $300.77 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) and/or 10-inch ducting on the hot side (condensing unit), allowing the equipment can be located out-of-sight where it won’t be heard.
- High-output EC fans provide more airflow and variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power.
- Optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- Optional integrated heater provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55F.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through an extra-large 1/2″ drain line, amply sized to reduce blockages.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote probe for the cellar (bottle probe) and duct adapters are included as standard equipment
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve ensures maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Cooling system is fully-charged with refrigerant and ready-to-use out of the box.
- CellarPro’s 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when configured with Electronic Control and combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply – read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring. Additional wiring is available at a cost of $0.50 per additional foot.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar – included.
- Bottle probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Heating & Humidification
- Integrated Heater 900W #7237: adds 900 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Humidifier #7236: provides humidification with digital control inside the cellar when attached to an external water line.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we’ll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we’ll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit